Páginas

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Summerhall Co-Creation Evening


Last Thursday I went to a co-creation event at Summerhall. That evening we had the opportunity of knowing better this cultural centre and meeting new people with similar interests. We started with a tea, coffee and biscuits (very British) and we followed with a tour around the Summerhall and with several talks. The fist one was run by Judith Doherty, founder and Chief Executive of  Grid Iron Theatre Company. She spoke about the characteristics of their shows and about how some of them were result of non usual collaborations The second talk was presented by Jamie Coleman, founder of the technology incubator TechCube. In this, four speakers highlighted the necessity of collaboration between creatives and technology companies. Finally a talk by Anu Selva Thomson inform us about the new program of Art residence that Summerhall will run. After that a free drink at the Royal Dick pub to socialising.

It was my first  such experience and although it wasn't that I was expecting, I learnt two important things: Forget your social fears and don't go with friends since both things can stop you meeting new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment